Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The word is.....

my washing machine works great!!! Daughter phoned me this morning and let me know that she'd done a load of laundry .... unfortunately her washing machine is broken so i loaned her my 'new to me' one.... she was delighted to use it... one small problem tho... it leaks... but we think it probably won't take much to fix that issue... YAY......
for those of you that posted yesterday regarding Urban Homesteading etc., great posts, i've not read all of them (there were a ton) but have enjoyed reading what i have....
the Electronic Frontier Foundation has sent a letter to the Dervaes, on behalf of the several targets of their takedown requests... the letter is great to read and hopefully will make a difference... we shall see won't we!
another issue i have is with Facebook .... as much as i love the connection it has given me, i find their 'holier than thou' attitude more than distressing...not just because the Dervaes were able to shut down several group pages but also their actions regarding shutting down breastfeeding and art sites which they deem 'obscene.... here is a link to the pictures.. if you don't mind looking at mommies feeding their babies, have a boo.. or perhaps that should be 'have a boob'... and if you object.. just don't look!! now back to facebook.. grumble grumble... one of the owners of a site that was shut down due to the Dervaes objections is unable to find anywhere to send them a letter..... soooooo she wrote a great one and is sharing it with others in the hopes it will be addressed... here is the facebook link, ..... enough grumbling for one day.. don't want to overload my brain and blow a gasket or anything ...

a cold snap is on it's way... complete with cold bitter winds and possibly snow.... in all reality snow first then winds would be better, sometimes snow is a good thing helping to insulate some of the more tender plants...
i have to thank my friend who bought new furniture... they were all covered with some fabric /reemay like product which i cheerfully scored and saved...... new use..... in my greenhouse, covering my new seedlings from the impending drop in temperature..... i must admit i get great pleasure out of recycling things..... i even have my kids saving me things  (and yes they DO think i'm a bit ummm... quirky ) such as string and binder twine (from  hay bales) , all good and useful items in the garden....

3 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I bought a few more seeds yesterday and dream of the new plot. I am unaware who this group is shutting off the world.I thought we had a fredom of speech.

Roasted Garlicious said...

Out on the prairie..yes i've gotten a few more pks of seeds as well and a very large amount of my own swiss chard seed and parsnip seeds which i'm going to spread out in a vacant spot in the 'old garden'... i think there are a lot of people who either don't know who the Devraes are or what they are doing... i'm not impressed either.. freedom seems to becoming less and less these days..

Geno said...

We live in some unbelievably crazy times...