Friday, July 10, 2009

Yay it's Friday!!

a rather very lovely Rose, not sure which one tho.. am just lucky to have any grow it seems.... daughter who lives across the field grows gorgeous ones!!


Sweet William

Sweet Peas

Bee Balm

another day, another sunny day!! can't complain i guess.. we had several days of rain which has made my garden very happy.. i have noted some odd things in the garden.. one of them being the peas have produced like crazy but on very short vines... its not the type of peas either, same kind i've always had... so not sure if it's because they didn't need to grow because of the unusual amount of sunshine we've had this year or something i'm not giving them in the way of nutrients...my Scarlet Runner Beans are doing the same thing... only 1 bean has decided to be a bean and grow tall, winding it's way up my deer fence post, the others look rather pathetic but they are starting to form little flowers.. my sweet peas have done the same thing... producing like mad but just short vines...

i have my granddaughter with me still.. just visiting :D and yesterday my two girls and grandbaby all went Thrift Store shopping... hit a couple of them and the dreaded Costco for a certain book... a very cool pop up book of the human anatomy...
anyways the thrift shopping was good, i got a couple of shirts, some crafty items and the girls both got some clothing as well.... one thing i've noticed is the increasing volume of shoppers at the thrift stores.. a vast majority of seniors... our shrinking dollar is causing havoc, especially amongst those of us with limited incomes, but maybe it's a good thing, we'll be recycling big ticket items, clothing etc., all good things, keeping it out of the landfill and extending it's lifetime of use...

2 comments:

Jan said...

I have my granddaughter visiting for a week. I'm hoping for ideas for entertaining will pop up.

Roasted Garlicious said...

hi jan, nice to meet you... i'm not sure how old your granddaughter is, let me know and i'll see what i can do ;)